[Dovecot] Upgrade dovecot - rpm or spec

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Fri Mar 2 17:38:53 EET 2007

On Fri, Mar 02, 2007 at 12:24:34PM -0500, Alfredo Marzal wrote:
> >Thanks Axel,
> >
> >Yes, I did :   RHEL4  dovecot-0.99.11-4.EL4
> >
> >but dovecot-0.99  is not longer suported, isn't it??
> >
> >Alfredo
>
> Axel,
>
> I would like to get a stable package, the available version <
> dovecot-1.0-3_47.rc24.el4.at.i386.rpm<http://dl.atrpms.net/all/dovecot-1.0-3_47.rc24.el4.at.i386.rpm>>
> will work without problems on my RH ES 4 ?

Well, I cannot guarantee that. The current best dovecot sources are
marked as release candidates, which means that they are considered
stable enought to hit the public. But they are just candidates meaning
that some bugs can still be found.

Having said that, yes, the above packages will work find on RHEL4,
just be aware that it's "rc", still.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net