[Dovecot] dovecot forward multipart problem

Samuel HAMEAU samuel.hameau at idealx.com
Fri Mar 2 18:17:04 EET 2007

Hi,

I experience problems everytime i forward a mail (basically, when
forwarding an email containing an attachement).
I'm using thunderbird (it does the same with outlook clients) with the
forward parameter "as attachement" instead of "inline". (Using the
inline parameters works fine).
When i forward a mail with attachements (eg a jpeg file), the
attachements file is displayed in base64 instead, and is impossible to
detach/save.

I'm using dovecot 1.0.rc22-1 (debian package) on debian etch, x86 SMP
box with maildir format on a ext3 partition.
I'm using postfix currently 2.3.4-3, i have tried different version of
dovecot (from rc16 i think) and postfix (from 2.2.?) and i suspect the
deliver to be the origin of the problem.

I think it is the same problem than here
http://dovecot.org/pipermail/dovecot/2006-July/014786.html , my "From"
headers are badly duplicated.

Could this be fixed before the dovecot 1.0 release ?

Regards,
Samuel HAMEAU