[Dovecot] M-Box benchmark

Eric Rostetter rostetter at mail.utexas.edu
Sat Mar 17 22:36:41 EET 2007

Quoting Maykel Moya <moya at infomed.sld.cu>:

> comparison. I switched from UW-Imap/Mbox to Dovecot/Maildir a box with
> 45k local users, 3.5MB/s sustained IMAP/POP traffic in work hours. The
> main performance gain is from mbox -> maildir switching. Anyway the

Don't be so sure it was from the mbox -> maildir switching.  I went
from UW-Imap mbox to Dovecot mbox, and the speed up was enormous.

> users (and myself) "perceive" a good performance with the new setup.

Yes, all my users perceive it as lightening fast, as do I.
How much of a difference depends to some extent on how large your mbox
file is...

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics