[Dovecot] M-Box benchmark

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Sun Mar 18 17:00:22 EET 2007

On Sun, 2007-03-18 at 15:55 +0100, Gerhard Wiesinger wrote:

> UW-IMAP is even slower on EXPUNGE (factor 10 I guess, nearly on every
> operation).
>
> Dovecot with large files (2GB, e.g. new mails on the end) is really
> perfect on EXPUNGE (when there are no large holes). It takes <1s to
> EXPUNGE.

I guess you mean when expunging new messages? Maybe that's because
UW-IMAP again reads and parses the whole mbox before getting to the
expunged message, while Dovecot directly begins from that message? Or
that's the only thing I can think of. I would have actually expected
UW-IMAP to be faster when expunging..