[Dovecot] The perfect Courier -> Dovecot conversion tool

Troy Engel tengel at fluid.com
Wed Mar 21 01:11:36 EET 2007

Timo Sirainen wrote:
> I've tested this only with a test user.
>
> http://dovecot.org/tools/courier-dovecot-migrate.pl

Thanks! The initial runs are looking good; could you beef up the
convert_subscriptions() function to spit out debugging info when run in
test mode? I have people with really gnarly folder names that I want to
be sure look like they'll be converted correctly.

So instead of returning, maybe something like:

   my ($fin, $fout);
   open ($fin, $in_fname) || die $!;

   if ($do_conversion)
     open($fout, ">$out_fname") || die $!;
   else
     $fout = STDOUT;

   while (<$fin>) {
     chomp $_;

(warning, I'm not a perl hacker - it looks good on paper to me. :)) This
way it'll spit out to screen what would be going into subscriptions. Or
maybe some better variation of my idea...

thx,
-te

--
Troy Engel | Systems Engineer