[Dovecot] rc2x seems to break Pegasus Mail

Rick Romero rick at havokmon.com
Thu Mar 22 19:41:52 EET 2007

On Thu, 2007-03-22 at 19:30 +0200, Timo Sirainen wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-03-22 at 11:20 -0500, Rick Romero wrote:
> > > Could you get rawlogs from both rc27 and rc7 so I could see what exactly
> > > it does differently? See http://dovecot.org/bugreport.html
> >
> > Gah!  They are all doing the same thing ;)
>
> Does that mean rc7 is broken also?

Broken... well, rc7 behaves the same way as rc24 and rc27 ;)

> > BUT - If I connect with via Courier (port 144) first, get the folder
> > list, then go back to dovecot Pegasus Mail does:
> >
> > A2 LIST "INBOX." "*"
>
> You could try creating Dovecot namespace with "INBOX." prefix to make it
> behave like Courier. See Wiki > namespaces.

I already have that (dovecot -n):
namespace:
  type: private
  separator: .
  prefix: INBOX.
  inbox: yes

That's the only namespace I've declared.

> > Can Dovecot return * if it receives "" ?
>
> No. LIST "" "" means that the client wants to know the hierarchy
> separator. Did you perhaps change that and Pegasus gets confused?

No, I don't regularly run Pegasus, but I have tested it in the past.  It
worked in the past.  I think it worked before because the previous
connection with Courier had already gotten the folder list, so Pegasus
already had something to work with.  It seems like it's using LIST " ""
to at least begin getting the folder list, and can't.  Once I have a
list, it seems to work.

Rick