[Dovecot] Version numbering

Brian T Glenn glenn-dovecot at delink.net
Wed Mar 28 08:39:15 EEST 2007

On Wed, Mar 28, 2007 at 03:46:40AM +0300, Timo Sirainen may have written:

> b) Odd-even numbering: 1.1.x (unstable) -> 1.2.0 (stable)

I'd really prefer using type b versioning as then there is no ambiguity
when attempting to build packages for dovecot. There are many examples
in the Debian repository where exceptions to the versioning numbers had
to be made in order to accomodate non-numeric versioning.

I think this can be made very clear on the website. If someone messes it
up anyway, perhaps they should learn to read documentation before
installing.

--
http://www.delink.net/