[Dovecot] Strange Mail Problem

Jason Baker jbaker at glastender.com
Wed May 2 16:13:33 EEST 2007

I submitted this question to the Postfix maillist and they suggested
that I post to this one.

Here's my issue:

I have a Postifx email system running on a CentOS 4 box, with Dovecot
pop3 and imap. Last week, one of my users reported to me that about a
dozen emails suddenly showed up in his in box (as unread messages), but
none of them were addressed to him. Under further investigation, they
turned out to be from another user's inbox. The messages were all over a
month old. How could mail simply show up in one inbox from another
user's? We're using Mozilla Thunderbird 1.5. Anyone else run into issues
like this?
--

*Jason Baker
*/IT Coordinator/