[Dovecot] Any plans for storing messages on a database?

Troy Benjegerdes hozer at hozed.org
Thu May 3 07:00:12 EEST 2007

On Wed, May 02, 2007 at 07:06:43PM -0400, Francisco Reyes wrote:
> John Rowe writes:
>
> >gluster is looking extremely interesting although it's rather new.
>
> Thanks. Saw it on a list of distributed FS but didn't click on it.
>
> I was planning to take a look at AFS and Coda to start. Will also take a
> look at gluster, although so far it seems a Linux only FS.

I think you should at least try Coda, but don't spend too much time on
it. It is mostly a research project. I don't know of anyone really using
it in production use. Personally, I'm hoping that someone decides to
take the interesting research concepts (disconnected operation) from
Coda and port them to OpenAFS ;)

AFS has been in production at universities and a few fortune 500 companies for
a long time, and several installations have upwards of 50,000 users.