[Dovecot] Return error instead of dying on time back skip?

Amon Ott ao at m-privacy.de
Fri May 4 11:27:59 EEST 2007

On Friday 04 May 2007 10:07, Christian Schmidt wrote:
> Hello Amon,
>
> Amon Ott, 02.05.2007 (d.m.y):
> > All our systems run ntpd, but they might be offline for a while
> > before they get contact to a time server, e.g. because of DSL
> > problems.
>
> Define one of your "internal" systems as "master time server" that
> connects to other NTP servers outside your networks and make your
> other systems synchronize their system time with this machine.

Thanks for the tip, but these are customer systems. Most of them only
buy one server system from us and have Windows clients behind. So
there is no other system available, which could be master. Instead,
our server is supposed to be time master. :)

From customer point of view, the mail server does not work without
reason. An error message would help to understand the problem and the
proposed behaviour would keep dovecot running. Now some of them just
reboot the system (Windows users...), this is not the desired
solution.

Amon Ott
--
Amon Ott - m-privacy GmbH