[Dovecot] Dovecot Startup error

Troy Engel tengel at fluid.com
Tue May 8 19:04:44 EEST 2007

kamran arshad wrote:

> /var/log/maillog:May  8 09:33:13 lhr dovecot: auth-worker(default): mysql: Connected to 127.0.0.1 (exim)

This looks a little strange - why would there be an (exim) in parens,
are you running dovecot as your exim userid?

Regardless, my first guess is that your MySQL instance has not finished
starting and is not accepting connections before Dovecot is initiated,
so the auth worker has no socket to connect to; what's the timing and
order of your /etc/rc* tree look like?

If you have the services starting in parallel, then you might have to
move Dovecot further down the startup tree, or add a little shell voodoo
to check for the MySQL socket before starting it...

-te

--
Troy Engel | Systems Engineer
Fluid, Inc | http://www.fluid.com