[Dovecot] header-lines of subfolders have to be rescanned after each client startup

Rainer Sigl sigl at mpe.mpg.de
Thu May 10 16:53:48 EEST 2007

Hi all,
after each startup of my different mail clients (thunderbird, outlook,
...) the contents of subfolders if I click in has to be renewed. This
takes some time for large folders. I just migrated from courier. And
there all subfolders were available immediately. Is there something to
configure?
Another effect regarding subfolders is that the client forgets, which
subfolders were opened after shutdown and shows the folders closed. This
means, that necessary subfolders have to be reopened after each startup.
This was managed  as well by my previous courier server.

Many thanks for answers
Rainer Sigl

--
Rainer Sigl,                      | email: sigl at mpe.mpg.de
MPI f. extraterrestrische Physik, | phone: +49 (89) 30000-3557
Postfach 1312,                    | fax:   +49 (89) 30000-3569
D-85741 Garching, Germany         | web:   http://www.mpe.mpg.de/~sigl/