[Dovecot] header-lines of subfolders have to be rescanned after each client startup

Rainer Sigl sigl at mpe.mpg.de
Fri May 11 23:16:07 EEST 2007

Timo Sirainen schrieb:

>On Thu, 2007-05-10 at 15:53 +0200, Rainer Sigl wrote:
>

>>Hi all,
>>after each startup of my different mail clients (thunderbird, outlook,
>>...) the contents of subfolders if I click in has to be renewed. This
>>takes some time for large folders. I just migrated from courier. And
>>there all subfolders were available immediately. Is there something to
>>configure?
>>Another effect regarding subfolders is that the client forgets, which
>>subfolders were opened after shutdown and shows the folders closed. This
>>means, that necessary subfolders have to be reopened after each startup.
>>This was managed  as well by my previous courier server.

Many thanks,
no, I don't use NFS but it may be a permission problem.
I have virtual users so all the directories belong a artificial user
'exim' and also group 'exim'. Additionally I saw now that the file
dovecot-uidlist has the protection 600. The creation date of
dovecot-uidlist is the date when I synced first time the folders with
dovecot after installation. But strangely a change of the permissions to
666 has no effect, dove-cot isn't changed.
A additional info may be that I migrated von courier imap.
So the mainfolder INBOX. and single subfolders have a correct changing
dovecot-uidlist with 600 and exim exim.
All subfolders below the upper subfolders (.Sent.2005.2-Mar) don't
change dovecot-uidlist.

Rainer

--
Rainer Sigl,                      | email: sigl at mpe.mpg.de
MPI f. extraterrestrische Physik, | phone: +49 (89) 30000-3557
Postfach 1312,                    | fax:   +49 (89) 30000-3569
D-85741 Garching, Germany         | web:   http://www.mpe.mpg.de/~sigl/