[Dovecot] [IDEA] Re: wierd ssl-parameters.dat regeneration error

Kyle Wheeler kyle-dovecot at memoryhole.net
Sun May 13 18:08:47 EEST 2007

On Sunday, May 13 at 04:47 PM, quoth Timo Sirainen:
>On Mon, 2007-05-07 at 12:46 -0600, Kyle Wheeler wrote:
>> When Dovecot regenerates its ssl-parameters.dat file, there is a race
>> condition between the multiple instances of dovecot, because they all
>> regenerate the file in the same compile-time-defined $statedir
>> directory: /usr/local/var/lib/dovecot.
>
>This should fix it:
>http://dovecot.org/list/dovecot-cvs/2007-May/008756.html

*Almost*; my several dovecot instances don't all use the same
base_dir, because they got mad and started fighting over who got to
put a dict-server and master.pid file in there, and who got to play
with the login directory (I haven't figured out how to get them all to
share an auth server yet). With this patch, some of my dovecot
instances just won't regenerate the ssl-parameters.dat file (though
they will fail more gracefully, which is nice).

~Kyle
--
Liberty means responsibility. That is why most men dread it.
                                                 -- George Bernard Shaw