[Dovecot] maildir_file_do(/var/admhome/user/Maildir) racing

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Tue May 15 13:21:45 EEST 2007

On Tue, 2007-05-15 at 11:48 +0200, Ralf Hildebrandt wrote:
> * Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi>:
>
> > This happens at every login? I thought I'd never see this racing
> > error.
>
> I found the reason:
>
> The User had a symlink in his $HOME/Maildir/cur, which pointed to a
> NON-existing file :(

I've changed Dovecot's behavior now also:

x fetch * body
imap(tss): Error: Maildir: Symlink destination doesn't
exist: /home/tss/Maildir/cur/dgdgd
* 40 FETCH (BODY ("text" "plain" NIL NIL NIL "7bit" 0 0 NIL NIL NIL))
x OK Fetch completed.

So it logs an error but still goes ahead without disconnecting the
client.