[Dovecot] Getting rid of the common newbie problems

Tue May 15 22:10:33 EEST 2007

> You could have a number of sanity checks at startup where dovecot
> checks out the environment verifying that directories exist and
> perhaps do some write testing to make sure areas that need to be
> writable actually are.

And even if it has write access to areas it shouldn't...

I like the idea of test suites (Samba has one) - but I also realize that
it means someone has to code it... and honestly, I'd rather Timo spent
his time on 1.1/2.0 things instead. This can wait until after 2.0...

I'm trying to get up to speed enough so that I am confident enough to
answer more questions... I think that would help more than anything
(people helping him out here on the list)...

--

Best regards,

Charles