[Dovecot] OS X Mail Administration

Bruce Bodger bbodger at bodcon.com
Wed May 16 17:41:52 EEST 2007

I'd like to request some feed back from any OS X Mail Admins on the
list, please.

Currently running 10.4.9 here using postfix / dovecot and I'm about
to take the plunge from mbox to maildir. I just migrated from uw-imap
to dovecot.

As you're aware, users inbox's are customarily stored in /var/mail/%
username and personal folders under /Users/%username/Library/Mail/IMAP.

I'd appreciate if you'd share with me the directory structure that
you use, or would use in my situation.  All mail storage will be on
the server so disk space is not an issue.  I'm a bit confused whether
or not to keep the inbox separate from the other imap structure as is
the OS X default: should all mailboxes be under inbox, etc.

Your input would be appreciated.

Thank you,

B. Bodger
New York, NY