[Dovecot] Thinking Outside the Box - Extending IMAP - EXECUTE

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Sat May 19 17:47:37 EEST 2007

On Sat, 2007-05-19 at 07:06 -0700, Marc Perkel wrote:
> I believe this feature is the next big revolution in expanding email
> functionality and I'm willing to put some bucks behind making it happen.
> I'm not a rich guy but with my $500 maybe I can get someone interested.
> Maybe other will be willing to kick in a few dollars or euros to make it
> happen.
>
> Thoughts?

My thoughts:

 - It should be pretty easy add new commands with plugins.

 - Unless the commands are at least becoming an accepted standard (or
possibly otherwise widely used), I won't include them in the main
Dovecot tarball. But they can be listed in the Wiki of course.

 - I'm not really interested in implementing it. I'd rather get all the
other things done that I already have in my TODO list. Also it looks
like I'm going to get paid for many of them (I'll probably write
something about this later when everything is clear).