[Dovecot] deliver rejection message

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Wed May 23 14:08:16 EEST 2007

Currently the typical rejection message is:

---------
Your message was automatically rejected by Dovecot Mail Delivery Agent.

The following reason was given:
Quota exceeded.
---------

Then there is MDN + message headers in other MIME parts. But of course
there sucky clients that can't display MDNs and users get confused.

Any suggestions how to improve this message? I'm not sure if the
"Dovecot Mail Delivery Agent" even needs to be in there. How about
something like:

---------
Your message to <foo at bar.org> was automatically rejected:
Quota exceeded.

See the attachment for the original message's headers.
---------

And should I change this for v1.0.1 already?