[Dovecot] Updated v1.1 and summer plans

Brian G. Peterson brian at braverock.com
Wed May 23 16:59:29 EEST 2007

Timo Sirainen wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-05-22 at 00:52 +0800, M1 wrote:
>> Dear Timo,
>>
>> How about managedsieve?
>
> I think it'll have to wait for v2.0. Especially because I want it to be
> distributed in dovecot-sieve package, not in the main dovecot package.
> This just isn't possible without the larger changes that v2.0 brings.

Please do put a manageSIEVE interface formally on the roadmap. (I'd vote
for v1.1, but I understand the technical issues that may push it to
2.0).  SIEVE really isn't useful without a manageSIEVE interface or a
shell.

It would be very nice to have it in the official dovecot packages,
rather than as an add-on developed by another group.  The efforts of
others who have added manageSIEVE support as a bolt-on are appreciated,
but an official version would be preferable.

Regards,

   - Brian