[Dovecot] Courier migrating issues: indexes, maildirsize, update query

Jan van den Berg jan.vandenberg at isp.solcon.nl
Thu May 24 10:58:47 EEST 2007

You're right I had this in my query:
concat('maildir:', maildrop, username) as mail

I deleted it and now this seems to work for me:
mail_location = maildir:/var/spool/mail/%1u/%1.1u/%u:INDEX=MEMORY

I must say I am _stunned_ by the/your reaction speed on the maillist
(thanks for the wiki this explains a lot).

"Each mailbox has its own separate index files. If the index files are
disabled, the same structures are still kept in the memory"
I suppose that this is how Courier also works; or would this imply that
Dovecot will be a RAM hog?

Cheers,

Jan