[Dovecot] Quota Limits Newbie Question

Craig Carriere ccarriere at cobatco.com
Wed May 23 18:56:52 EEST 2007

I have Dovecot 1.0 running on a SLES 10 mail server using postfix 2.2
and amvisd-maia.  The mailboxes are stored in Maildir format with all
the domains and users stored  in a mySQL database.  I would like to
implement quotas for the system and have looked at the VDA patch for
postfix and/or quotas within Dovecot.  Any advantages to either?  From
what I can see from a couple of searches, Dovecot does not appear to
respond either to the sender or recipient when they are over quota while
one can set-up postfix-vda to do so which would be of value.

Thank you for the time and input.