[Dovecot] Quota warning not generated

Nicolas Boullis nicolas.boullis at ecp.fr
Fri May 25 23:38:34 EEST 2007

Quoting Doug Council <dcouncil at nethere.com>:

> I am testing out the unofficial quota warning patch with Dovecot 1.0.0,
> and no matter what values I use for the storage or messages values, the
> warning script is never executed.
>
> My plugin settings are:
>
> plugin {
>   quota = maildir:storage=20480
>   quota_warning = storage=80%:messages=10 /usr/local/bin/quota-warning.sh
> }

(...)

> There are more than 10 messages in the mailbox, but the
> quota-warning.sh script never gets executed.  When using storage=80%,
> the maildirsize file has the correct values (not included in this
> message), but it never executes the script as well.
>
> Does anyone have any ideas?

As I wrote the patch, I do. ;-)
The warning is triggered when the free space goes below the specified
value, not when the used space goes above. Hence, if you have no limit
on the message count, no warning on the message count will ever be
executed.

Moreover, if the free space is already below the specified value, no
warning is triggered. It is only triggered when a message *brings* the
free space below the specified value.

Hope this helps,

Nicolas Boullis