[Dovecot] question mailbox format

Gunter Ohrner G.Ohrner at post.rwth-aachen.de
Sun May 27 11:23:10 EEST 2007

Am Sonntag, 27. Mai 2007 schrieb sc2 at gmx.at:
> > You're making it difficult to try to help, by not answering the
> > questions or providing requested information...
> I did, sorry i hope so

This mail is much better than your previous ones. :-)

I think we're getting closer.

> d.) I know that:
> mbox:/var/spool/mail/%u:INBOX=/var/spool/mail/%u:INDEX:/var/indexes/%u
> dont seems correct for you, but i dont work with directorys

Please take a look at http://wiki.dovecot.org/MailLocation/Mbox ,
Section "Only /var/mail/ mboxes" (on the bottom of the page).

I think it exactly describes your setup and what you want to achieve.

According to this section, the correct mail_location line should look as
follows: (Note I added the "spool/" to the example to match your
directory layout.)

mbox:/var/empty:INBOX=/var/spool/mail/%u:INDEX=MEMORY

/var/empty should be replaced by an arbitrary empty directory your users
have no write persission to.

HTH,

  Gunter