[Dovecot] Variable expansion in LDA vs POP/IMAP

Stephane Enten tuf at gandi.net
Sun May 27 16:19:11 EEST 2007

On Sat, May 26, 2007 at 06:26:40PM +0300, Timo Sirainen wrote:
 > > you should NOT be doing select
 > > concat('/mail/01/%2LMd/%2.2LMd/%LMd/mail/%Ln') as maildir
 >
 > Actually that does work. It's only the value returned from database
 > that's not expanded. I think that'd be a bad idea because then any
 > usernames or paths containing '%' characters would break.

I understand that the only intended expanded string is the query one,
not the answer.

But then something's weird cause it's actualy expanded by deliver (in my
setup they share the same dovecot-auth process hence the same SQL
query).

Thanks for your help, I'll go for mail_location instead.

--
Stephane Enten