[Dovecot] TLS errors when vodafone connecting to dovecot server.

Andrew Pounce adp at ntohs.co.uk
Thu May 31 18:58:24 EEST 2007

Hi,

I've been trying to setup the vodafone email sync ( provided by visto apparently ) and have not been able to do so - I'm getting an error message in my mail logs which looks as if there is a problem with certificates somewhere.

May 31 16:49:39 imap dovecot: imap-login: SSL_accept() failed: error:14094416:SSL routines:SSL3_READ_BYTES:sslv3 alert certificate unknown [206.124.112.22]

Thunderbird has no problems with using TLS against this server and I'm not entirely sure if dovecot (or openssl ) is generating the message or if it is something being passed from the remote end.

 I've had a look around but not found anything on the web pages.

 Thanks,

 -Andrew

--
Andrew Pounce