[Dovecot] Outlook can't see namespace folders

Adam McDougall mcdouga9 at egr.msu.edu
Fri Nov 9 21:25:55 EET 2007

On Sat, Oct 27, 2007 at 08:30:57PM +0300, Timo Sirainen wrote:

  On Fri, 2007-10-05 at 12:12 -0700, James wrote:
  > Hi guys i understand that you can't subscribe to the Prefix names of
  > namespace folders right now with dovecot.
  > But for instance if i user outlook express and it can't see the prefix
  > name then it can't see the subfolders of that "prefix folder" either.
  > So even though it can detect and see the subfolders it won't display
  > them cause it can't see the "parent"
  >
  > Is there any fix for this? it's also kind of annoying in thunderbird but
  > at least you can still see the subfolders.

  Changed in v1.1: http://hg.dovecot.org/dovecot/rev/0511e301acbc

  There's no simple fix for v1.0 though.

I tried this, with b6 and b7 which seem to have the patch, it doesn't seem
to work?

sr6v SUBSCRIBE "#shared"
sr6v NO [TRYCREATE] Mailbox doesn't exist: #shared

same for #shared/decs.  All of my public folders are under #shared/[namespace]/.