[Dovecot] Dovecot + Sieve

Gregory Mokhin mok at kde.ru
Tue Sep 4 20:31:08 EEST 2007

> Steffen Kaiser wrote:
>>> Any idea how to fix that?
>> Second:
>> When you remove the compiled Sieve script, is it re-created by deliver?
>>
> I have the same problem with the same config myself.  No evidence that
> the script is being compiled automatically.  If I remove the
> "sieve=path" global setting from dovecot.conf, deliver complains about
> not finding a per-user sieve or home path - so I assume the sieve module
> is being activated.  Is there a particular format for the global sieve
> parameter?  Does the script file HAVE to be named ".dovecot.sieve"?

I've got the global script working. Global setting is there in
dovecot.conf. deliver should have write access to that directory, to save
compiled script.

It's called .dovecot.sieve, but I don't think it's that important:

require "fileinto";

if  header :matches ["X-Spam-Flag"] [
    "YES"
]
{
fileinto "INBOX.Spam";
stop;
}

Calling the folder INBOX.Spam is important, if it is to be delivered to
users' Spam folders. It doesn't work with '+' delimited address+extension
(I reported it in this list, but had no replies).

Regards,
Gregory