[Dovecot] namespace prefix issue with avelsieve

it-dovecot at ml.epigenomics.com it-dovecot at ml.epigenomics.com
Sat Sep 15 00:03:21 EEST 2007

Hi!

I am currently testing a setup with dovecot's lda, the cmusieve plugin,
pysieved and the avelsieve plugin for squirrelmail.

The issue I am stumbling upon is that avelsieve is generating folder
names including the namespace prefix when creating "fileinto" rules.

E.g.:

A rule:

If the header "Precedence" contains "bulk", then file it into
the folder INBOX.bulk. Also keep a copy in INBOX, marked as deleted.

translates into sieve:

require
["fileinto","reject","vacation","imapflags","relational","comparator-i;ascii-numeric","regex","notify"];
if
header :contains "Precedence" "bulk"
{
fileinto "INBOX.bulk";
addflag "\\Deleted";
keep;
}

But what happens when a matching email is delivered is that a new
mailbox ".INBOX.bulk" in the user's Maildir is created. I.e. the email
is not delivered to ~/.Maildir/.bulk as intended, but into
~/.Maildir/.INBOX.bulk, creating the new folder on the fly.
The same happens when trying to fileinto folders from other namespaces.

It seems that either avelsieve is generating "too much" and should
remove the prefix (at least for INBOX) or dovecot's deliver is not able
to use the namespaces definition in dovecot.conf correctly when
interpreting sieve's fileinto directive.

Did I miss something? This is the dovecot.conf in use:

# /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf
log_timestamp: %Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S
listen: *:143
ssl_listen: *:993
ssl_cert_file: /etc/courier/imapd.pem
ssl_key_file: /etc/courier/imapd.pem
disable_plaintext_auth: no
login_dir: /var/run/dovecot/login
login_executable: /usr/lib/dovecot/imap-login
login_processes_count: 12
login_max_processes_count: 512
verbose_proctitle: yes
mail_location:
maildir:~/.Maildir:INDEX=/var/cache/dovecot/INBOX.%u:CONTROL=/var/cache/dovecot/INBOX.%u
mail_full_filesystem_access: yes
maildir_stat_dirs: yes
maildir_copy_with_hardlinks: yes
namespace:
  type: private
  separator: .
  prefix: INBOX.
  inbox: yes
namespace:
  type: public
  separator: .
  prefix: shared.
  location: maildir:~/.Maildir/shared:INDEX=/var/cache/dovecot/shared.%u:CONTROL=/var/cache/dovecot/shared.%u
namespace:
  type: private
  separator: .
  prefix: archive.
  location: maildir:/mnt/nfs/imap_archive.hm/%u:INDEX=/var/cache/dovecot/archive.%u:CONTROL=/var/cache/dovecot/archive.%u
auth default:
  verbose: yes
  passdb:
    driver: passwd
  userdb:
    driver: passwd
  socket:
    type: listen
    client:
      path: /var/run/dovecot/auth-client
      mode: 432
    master:
      path: /var/run/dovecot/auth-master
      mode: 384

Greetings
--
Robert Sander                     Senior Manager Information Systems
Epigenomics AG    Kleine Praesidentenstr. 1    10178 Berlin, Germany
http://www.epigenomics.com             robert.sander at epigenomics.com