[Dovecot] SASL from remote server

Daniel L. Miller dmiller at amfes.com
Mon Sep 17 19:25:01 EEST 2007

Is there a way, using Dovecot and Postfix, to use SASL from a remote
server?  Since it appears the communication uses Unix sockets, does this
mean it is restricted to local services only?

I have a two-server configuration, where my firewall also runs the mail
gateway/filter (Postfix + ASSP).  My internal server has Postfix +
Dovecot.  Right now I have my internal server configured to use Dovecot
SASL, but the external server is still using the Courier authdaemon
against the LDAP database.

--
Daniel