[Dovecot] dovecot howto?

Wed Dec 10 19:30:13 EET 2008

On 12/10/2008, Olaf Zaplinski (oz at tuxfriends.net) wrote:
> is there a *simple* HOWTO that explains a simple postfix+dovecot
> setup? Up to now, I used postfix+cyrus, worked fine. But I do not get
> postfix+dovecot to work. Currently, all emails go to /dev/null.

Dovecot is much simpler than cyrus, so if you can do cyrus, you should
be able to handle dovecot...

But, it will help if you will follow the troubleshooting instructions:

http://wiki.dovecot.org/#head-8d40952a271a60d8d053be1068b515278c438c07

> What really would help me is a dovecot lmtp server. Is there any?

Doevecot's LDA doesn't currently support lmtp...

--

Best regards,

Charles Marcus
I.T. Director