[Dovecot] Possible to log IMAP connections to MySQL Table?

Brandon Lamb brandonlamb at gmail.com
Tue Dec 23 23:41:56 EET 2008

On Tue, Dec 23, 2008 at 1:30 PM, Seth Mattinen <sethm at rollernet.us> wrote:
> Corey Shaw wrote:
>>
>> Is it currently possible to log all IMAP connection attempts to a MySQL
>> table?  Thanks.
>
> Sure. You could use syslog-ng to log directly to a database or syslog plus
> SEC (http://kodu.neti.ee/~risto/sec/) to trigger insert rules.
>
> ~Seth

If someone ever decides to make a log-login-tomysql plugin i would
love to use it. I currently have a php script that runs during
logrotate that parses the info.log for all pop3/imap logins and logs
them to mysql, i only keep per minute and then i have a history table
of peruser-perday for 90 days.

It would be way cool to have dovecot throw that to mysql
automagically. If i were a c programmer i would do it myself =S