[Dovecot] copy LDA rule

Stephan Bosch stephan at rename-it.nl
Wed Dec 24 16:50:48 EET 2008

Nicolas Letellier schreef:
> Hi dovecot at .
>
> I use the last dovecot (1.1.7) with sieve-plugin. All works perfectly.
> However, I would like to use a "copy" function. All mail sent by "toto at domain.tld" have to be copied in a folder (copy, and not move).
>
> So, I don't want to use a fileinto rule.
>
> I see in http://wiki.dovecot.org/LDA/Sieve there is a copy function (1.1 only).
>
> A rule like:
>
> if header :contains "From" "toto at domain.tld" {
>         copy "test";
>         stop;
> }
>
> does not work.
Sure it doesn't, because copy is no Sieve command. It is a modifier for
the fileinto command:

require "copy";

fileinto :copy "test";

> I have nothing into my deliver or dovecot log.
I guess that is written in your .dovecot.sieve.err file in the user's
home directory (or where ever your script resides).

> However, if I replace copy by fileinto, it works. But I want to copy the email, not move it. I don't find any examples in the Internet or the wiki.
Someone should write a simple tutorial some time. But, with lack of a
tutorial, there is always the RFC:

http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3894.txt

Regards,

--