[Dovecot] Bug in Dovecot 1.0.5 - CRYPT-MD5 not working

Jim Salter jim at jrs-s.net
Wed Dec 31 04:43:18 EET 2008

Timo, you were correct.  Apache's htpasswd version of MD5 does not
interoperate with either CRYPT or MD5-CRYPT.

Vpopmail's vpasswd files *do* interoperate properly with either CRYPT or
with MD5-CRYPT.  Apparently I fat-fingered a copy and paste earlier when
testing, hence my mistaken impression that the migrated hashes worked
with CRYPT but not with MD5-CRYPT.  Sorry for the confusion, and thanks
for the help!

-J