[Dovecot] Checking for strtoumax and strtoimax

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Wed Dec 31 10:13:23 EET 2008

On Dec 31, 2008, at 3:46 AM, J Springer wrote:

>> In what header file are strtoumax and strtoimax declared? How are
>> they declared? (grep -r strtoumax /usr/include) Perhaps you'd just
>> need to link with some extra library to be able to use them.
>
> They're not declared at all which was why I was puzzled at the
> positive check.

It shows in config.log why exactly it thought they were working.
Copy&paste those parts of it?

>>> and/but I would like to know how to handle strtoimax.
>> If you're not using quota plugin you won't need it. If you're going
>> to use quota plugin it would have to be implemented somehow..
>
> Quota won't be used.  Any problem with just removing that section
> from compat.c?

You shouldn't need to remove anything, since the default
implementation is i_panic().

Actually easiest way for you would probably to just remove the
HAVE_STRTOIMAX and HAVE_STRTOUMAX from config.h.in and config.h
without modifying compat.c at all.