[Dovecot] v1.1.rc8 released

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Tue Jun 3 15:49:04 EEST 2008

On Tue, 2008-06-03 at 07:11 +0100, Ed W wrote:
> Actually the motivation for this was I was wondering about the benefit
> of a storage backend where the body was stored per file and the headers
> were stored separately (perhaps in a maildir type format).  I haven't
> looked to see if this is what dbox does already...

dbox is half-designed to support this. It supports arbitrary metadata
(unlike maildir) and I've already written 3 lines of code to get this
implemented ;)

	/* Pointer to external message data. Format is:
	DBOX_METADATA_EXT_REF		= 'X',

There's no code to actually read/write such metadata though. Also I'm
not exactly sure what the <ref> is. Maybe just a filename used to store
the data.