[Dovecot] Not using "." as separator?

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Thu Mar 6 16:34:47 EET 2008

When using maildir storage, is there any way to use something
besides "." as the folder separator?

I like to use folder names that match people's e-mail addresses
(that's a default behavior in mutt), and "." is a pretty
popular character in e-mail addresses.  Ideally, I'd like to
use "/".

Is "." allowed in mailbox names when using mbox storage?

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow! As President I have
                                  at               to go vacuum my coin