[Dovecot] Telephone systems and Dovecot

Jose Celestino japc at co.sapo.pt
Mon Mar 10 00:05:39 EET 2008

Words by Jonathan Knight [Sun, Mar 09, 2008 at 08:21:44PM +0000]:

Yes. http://wiki.dovecot.org/Authentication/MasterUsers

> Has anyone had any experience of using dovecot as a unified message server

You mean as part of a unified messaging solution? Yes, by using the
master user feature and vfile global ACLs (http://wiki.dovecot.org/ACL)
to further control which folders the unified messaging user will be able
to write to.

> for a telephone system and has anyone any experience of configuring dovecot
> so that an MS exchange IMAP4 client using a master user can use dovecot
> without changing the client?

Sorry, couldn't grok this last past. Isn't MS exchange IMAP4 IMAP? And why
would you want to allow the client to login with a master user? Anyway,
you can put "loginuser*masteruser" and "masterpassword" on the username
and password boxes on the client as explained by the documentation.

--
Jose Celestino