[Dovecot] imap sent-mail folder sometimes dosen't get updated when used by more than a mailer at the same time.

Wed Mar 12 20:10:05 EET 2008

On 3/12/2008 1:59 PM, Diego Liziero wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm collecting users feedback of latest dovecot 1.1.rc3 development release.
>
> Some users are complaining that their sent mails sometimes don't get
> written to imap Sent-mail folder.
>
> It seems that all these users were using multiple istances of imap
> processes to read their mail
> (thunderbird+horde-imp, evolution+horde-imp or multiple thunderbird istances).
>
> No error message is written in dovecot.log, no user feedback in
> horde-imp/evolution.
> Only thunderbird says it can't update Sent folder.
>
> Has anyone had similar issues?

Yes... I don't believe this is a dovecot issue, as this is an occasional
issue with Thunderbird I've seen on both dovecot and Courier-imap (in
fact it seems to happen more often on the sites that use Courier)...

The only way I've ever been able to fix it is to simply restart
Thunderbird - but you have to make sure that all TBird processes are
'dead' - in Windows I often have to kill a rogue process to fix this
problem.

--

Best regards,

Charles