[Dovecot] imap sent-mail folder sometimes dosen't get updated when used by more than a mailer at the same time.

Tim Alberts talberts at msiscales.com
Wed Mar 12 20:12:36 EET 2008

Diego Liziero wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm collecting users feedback of latest dovecot 1.1.rc3 development release.
>
> Some users are complaining that their sent mails sometimes don't get
> written to imap Sent-mail folder.

I'm having that exact trouble with Usermin as I just posted a follow up
to an old issue.  See subject:

Re: [Dovecot] IMAP storage - mail_location =
maildir:~/Maildir:mbox:~/mail/

I'm using dovecot 1.0.10.  However when using thunderbird, I do not see
this problem.

> It seems that all these users were using multiple istances of imap
> processes to read their mail
> (thunderbird+horde-imp, evolution+horde-imp or multiple thunderbird istances).

Being my first experience using/configuring IMAP server, I'm finding
that using multiple clients at the same time, changes are not
immediately posted so viewing the same account with thunderbird on one
machine and outlook on another, it appears to get out of sync.  Seems
mostly the 'delete' or 'move' commands don't actually happen until the
client program is closed.  I'm finding this annoying personally, but it
seems to be the way it is supposed to work?