[Dovecot] imap sent-mail folder sometimes dosen't get updated when used by more than a mailer at the same time.

Diego Liziero diegoliz at gmail.com
Thu Mar 13 00:07:53 EET 2008

 Charles Marcus wrote:
> Yes... I don't believe this is a dovecot issue, as this is an occasional
> issue with Thunderbird I've seen on both dovecot and Courier-imap (in
> fact it seems to happen more often on the sites that use Courier)...
> [..]

The fact is that with wu-imap none complained about missing sent mails,
we just switced last week to dovecot (mainly because of really bad
performance of wu-imap)
and several users started complaining about this issue.

Another (maybe related?) strange thing is that local mail (sent by
sendmail) sometimes get delayed to the following queue run (that was
set to 30 min). Even this fact never happened before the switch to
dovecot.

I thought it could be caused by a bad locking configuration, but
Centos5 sendmail should use fcntl, wu-imap should have used it as well
(am I wrong?), and dovecot is
explicitly configured with fcntl, too.

Perhaps, as it never happened with wu-imap, it could be fixed with dovecot, too.

The hard part is to understand why it happens.

Regards,
Diego.