[Dovecot] Help! OT: Blackberry IMAP client suggestions/experience needed

Benjamin R. Haskell dovecot at benizi.com
Thu Mar 13 18:53:51 EET 2008

>> Stewart Dean wrote:
>>
>> BB, of course, has their half-baked sorta-IMAP-compliant client (and we do NOT
>> want the BB Enterprise Server) that persistently keeps grabbing the mailbox and
>> breaking the mailbox lock, causing no end of grief for the secretaries (plural,
>> more than one) would also work with the mailbox.

Any particular reason you're tied to mbox other than having migrated from
UW-IMAP? I suspect maildir, though not as lock-free as advertised, would
have a much better time of things. (i.e. it's far better suited for
multiple-client access.)

> Knute Johnson wrote:
>
> My wife has a Blackberry Curve, 8310 (ATT version).  I'm running my
> mailserver on Fedora 8 and the Dovecot is version dovecot-1.0.10-
> 4.fc8.  She is using the built-in IMAP client with SSL and it works
> just fine.

Guessing you're not using mbox, for starters. But, it also sounds like
she's the only one accessing the mailbox?

Best,
Ben