[Dovecot] Help! OT: Blackberry IMAP client suggestions/experience needed

Stewart Dean sdean at bard.edu
Thu Mar 13 19:00:34 EET 2008

No.  Other than:
a)  the griping fear of me personally (1 person) migrating 4000 users and
b) the recurrent experience of trying to marshal everything necessary to do it,
getting about a tenth of the way into *beginning* it and having some 4-alarm
fire interrupt things...and then it's a month or two before things calm down
again that I might take a shot at it again.
These days, I've gotten cynical.  I enjoy the peace and quiet for 4 hours to 3
days on the outside whereupon something else falls in the cart that I have deal
with.
Plus I have to wonder what the realities of moving from 1) mbox with one monster
file to 2) maildir with inodes beyond measure and its effect on backup.
Yes I know I should be able to just convert one user and find out...but the time
isn't there for even that...
Fear and Loathing, Sickness unto Death.......
Remember: when you (the sysadmin) do things really, really right, nobody knows
you've done anything.  Sounds like a 0 to negative sum game......

--
====
Stewart Dean, Unix System Admin, Henderson Computer Resources