[Dovecot] Rootless installation gets ssl-parameters.dat errors

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Wed Mar 19 07:15:54 EET 2008

On Tue, 2008-03-18 at 17:55 -0700, Daniel Bretoi wrote:
> In the logfile, i see this:
>
> dovecot: Mar 18 16:24:30 Error: ssl-build-param: Can't create
> temporary SSL parameters file /var/lib/dovecot/ssl-parameters.dat.tmp:
> Permission denied

This path isn't configurable after installation. If you want to change
it, use configure --localstatedir parameter.

> It is true that  I as a user do not have permissions to read this
> file, however, I followed all the instructions to run as a rootless
> user.  I don't seem to be able to specify anywhere where this ssl-
> parameters file should be copied from.

Did you also give configure --prefix=$HOME? It should have put
localstatedir under home directory.

> base_dir = /usr/local/sb/daniel/rm/trunk/var/run/dovecot

I guess not, because you wouldn't need this either when prefix was set
correctly.

> 1.0.rc15

Also since you're already compiling Dovecot yourself, would be a good
idea to use a newer version than rc15.