[Dovecot] dovecot-1.1.rc3 segmentation fault in fetch_bodystructure

Dean Brooks dean at iglou.com
Thu Mar 27 18:47:28 EET 2008

On Tue, Mar 11, 2008 at 09:55:02AM +0100, Diego Liziero wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 11, 2008 at 9:09 AM, Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi> wrote:
> >
> >  Well, I'm not sure how you managed to cause this, but this should fix
> >  it: http://hg.dovecot.org/dovecot-1.1/rev/7e27d67d3abe
>
> Thank you Timo for the quick fix,
> here we have latest rc3 in a production environment.
> It has been used by over 600 users in the last 2 days.
>
> The most failing assertion (9694 times in 2 days) is the one I posted yesterday:
> Panic: IMAP(username): file index-sync.c: line 39
> (index_mailbox_set_recent_uid): assertion failed:
> (seq_range_exists(&ibox->recent_flags, uid))
>
> It happens when users are moving messages to Trash folder with thunderbird.
> The workaround for the user is to delete directly the messages without
> moving them to Trash.

Today, we received several complaints about being unable to delete
messages (by moving to Trash) not working, and discovered we were
getting the same assertion failure as you:

   assertion failed: (seq_range_exists(&ibox->recent_flags, uid))

The only client being used was Squirrelmail with no external access
from any other client.

Can you confirm that the patch Timo submited in the above link fixes
this problem for 1.1rc3?  If so, will this be committed for rc4 or beyond?

--
Dean Brooks
dean at iglou.com