[Dovecot] trouble to start dovecot when ldap enabled

Michal Hlavinka mhlavink at redhat.com
Thu Jun 18 10:30:58 EEST 2009

On Thursday 18 June 2009 07:50:22 Timo Sirainen wrote:
> On Jun 18, 2009, at 1:43 AM, Michal Hlavinka wrote:
> >>
> >> rc3's managesieve patch works just fine with rc5.
> >
> > ok, thanks for the info... was this mentioned anywhere? Did I miss
> > something?
>
> In general if an old patch applies without errors to a new code base,
> it works fine. I heard that it applies fine and runs fine from another
> guy who tried it. And also in RC stage the code is only getting bug
> fixes. It's much less likely that anything will break even if you
> apply an older patch. My guess is that managesieve rc1 patch would
> still apply just fine with rc5.

for me:
1 of 22 hunks failed (trimming the patch was quite easy)

and error when building:
error: macro "login_proxy_new" requires 6 arguments, but only 5 given
it was missing ssl_flags argument

and proxy_input change (change in login-proxy.h : proxy_callback_t)
managesieve-proxy.c:305: warning: passing argument 1 of ‘proxy_input’ from
incompatible pointer type
managesieve-proxy.c:241: note: expected ‘struct istream *’ but argument is of
type ‘struct managesieve_client *’
managesieve-proxy.c:305: error: too few arguments to function ‘proxy_input’