[Dovecot] Sieve/ManageSieve integration into pkgsrc

Edgar Fuß ef at math.uni-bonn.de
Thu Jun 25 16:43:09 EEST 2009

I'm integrating Sieve (the new one) and ManageSieve into wip/dovecot.

Currently, this works as dovecot options because dovecot must be built before sieve can be configured and sieve must be built before managesieve can be configured/built.

Now, the question arose what the long-term solution (in pkgsrc) should be.
To my understanding, with dovecot 2.0, ManageSieve will no longer need to patch dovecot. But what about both Sieve and ManageSieve depending on doevcot sources in order to build (or on libraries dovecot only builds internally)?

The preferred way (for pkgsrc) would be if both Sieve and ManageSieve could be built as stand-alone packages and not needing a dovecot source tree to build. What's the long-term plan for Sieve/ManageSieve in this respect? The pkgsrc infrastructure (intentionally) doesn't like a package depending on anothers package working directory in order to build. So with these cross-dependencies, the only pkgsrc ways to go would be either to build it all as one package with options (that's what I currently do) or extract, patch, configure and build dovecot inside a sieve package.