[Dovecot] New messages notification - (IMAP PUSH?)

Proskurin Kirill proskurin-kv at fxclub.org
Tue May 5 09:05:02 EEST 2009

Curtis Maloney wrote:
> Proskurin Kirill wrote:
>> Hello all.
>>
>> I have strange problem.
>> As I understand IMAP use server2client command to tell what new email
>> is arrived.
>>
>> So - all was good, but few weeks ago I notice what my thunderbird not
>> show new messages. I think it was local problem(I switch distro what
>> day) but soon my email clients what uses mostly Outlook-2007-SP1
>> start to confirm this problem.
>>
>> What can it be and how can I fix it?
>
> Do the messages not show up at all?  Or do they not show as new?
>
> If you have two mail clients running at the same time, one will miss out
> on the 'new message' notices.

They not show at all. Then I click at IMAP folder - they start to show
at that folder. I have about 40 IMAP folders - and it is hard to push at
every folder minute after minute. ;-)

I not change anything at config and really don`t know why this problem
appears. And I don`t know how to test it by IMAP commands.

--
Best regards,
Proskurin Kirill