[Dovecot] LDA and postfix with recipient delimiter:documentation

mr.maX mrmax063 at maxempire.com
Mon May 18 18:46:00 EEST 2009

> ${domain} is a somewhat recent addition to Postfix. I guess the docs
> could say to use ${domain} instead of ${nexthop} if Postfix is newer  than
> X (should look up what version added that).

${domain} parameter has been added starting with Postfix 2.5, which means
that people using "enterprise" linux distros that usually ship with old
versions of software won't be able to use it.

Anyway, I'm guessing that the real problem here lies in the fact that John
used "mailbox_transport = dovecot" to instruct Postfix how to deliver
e-mails, instead of using virtual_transport Postfix parameter as instructed
in the Dovecot's wiki. Parameter mailbox_transport is used to set optional
message delivery transport that Postfix's *local* delivery agent should use
for delivery and since it's actually a local delivery, nexthop is by default
set to $myhostname (using local_transport parameter), instead of the actual
virtual domain.

--
Best Regards,
Marko Njezic - mr.maX @ MAX Interactive corp.