[Dovecot] Capability problems dovecot 2.0

reg9009 reg9009 at yahoo.de
Wed May 27 09:59:17 EEST 2009

answered the wrong address...

Timo Sirainen schrieb:
> On May 27, 2009, at 2:35 AM, reg9009 wrote:
>
>> what if TB just needs the "IMAP4rev1" capability before logging in?
>
> That's a completely different issue. Meaning that v2.0 is buggy here
> currently and returning an empty string, because I haven't yet decided
> how to fix it.
That explains all :) I'll try imap_capability manual override for now.
Btw., when I telnet to the server, I get * OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1
LITERAL+ SASL-IR LOGIN-REFERRALS ID ENABLE AUTH=PLAIN AUTH=LOGIN
AUTH=DIGEST-MD5 AUTH=CRAM-MD5] Dovecot ready.
What's this capability string? Couldn't we use this one, at least until
a user is logging in?

>> Where is the setting "imap_capability" used? I could try and see how TB
>> is behaving, in parallel to Outlook, OE, etc.
>
> What do you mean by used? You should be able to just set in dovecot.conf:
>
> imap_capability = imap4rev1 and other stuff

I didn't know if that shoul be used in some section or directly in
dovecot.conf. Thx.

Regards,
Sebastian